Department of Education

Residential college student complaints

Residential college student complaints


Concerns and complaints of students in residential colleges

It’s ok to have concerns and complaints about what might be happening at school or at the residential college.

Firstly, you have the RIGHT to feel and to be safe at all times.

Safety concerns may include things like:

  • inappropriate social approaches by a person to make friends with you or start a close relationship with you
  • inappropriate touching by a person which makes you feel uncomfortable
  • sexual talk, personal emails or personal contact via mobile phones or social media
  • inappropriate physical handling (hitting, pushing, hugging).
We can help you.  Our staff are trained in protective behaviours. They care and understand that you may feel a range of emotions about contacting us including anxiety, shame or relief.

Contact us

T: 1800 011 114 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm)
O: Residential college student complaint form

24/7 emergency helplines

If your complaint is urgent or is an emergency please call Police, Crisis Care or Kids Helpline.

Police Crisis Care Kids Helpline
T: 131 444 (000 for emergencies) T: 9223 1111
T: 1800 199 008 (country freecall)
T: 9325 1232 (TTY)
T: 1800 55 1800
Residential college student complaints

All contents copyright Government of Western Australia, unless otherwise stated.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this site may contain images of people who are deceased.

Copyright material available on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence
Exclusions may apply: