About child protection
All school staff are responsible for the care and protection of students, including the reporting of child abuse concerns.
This website has been developed to help you recognise, record and report child abuse. If you have any comments or requests you would like to share with us to improve our service to you please email us at Child.Protection@education.wa.edu.au
The Department’s response to child protection includes a statewide, coordinated response to help protect the safety and wellbeing of all students through:
- supporting schools in the effective implementation of the Child Protection policy and procedures
- implementation of mandatory reporting (of alleged child sexual abuse) legislation for teachers
- continuance of the compulsory child protection professional learning for all school staff using online learning.
All school staff will:
- have the appropriate professional knowledge and understandings of child protection through completion of the Department’s online child protection professional learning
- understand their responsibilities according to the mandatory reporting legislation
- understand their responsibilities according to the Department’s Child Protection policy and procedures
- gain support to undertake their responsibilities.
About Child Protection
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia, unless otherwise stated.
Copyright material available on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence
Exclusions may apply: https://www.education.wa.edu.au/ed/cc984d