Central and regional office staff
A wide range of people work ‘behind the scenes’ in central and regional offices to support schools and improve public education.
These staff provide key services including:
- curriculum support and student services
- policies, resources and tools
- resources and funding
- educational leadership
- workforce support
- financial and accounting services
- information and technology support
- library information services
- communications and marketing
We have eight regions across the State, each led by a Regional Executive Director who is also a member of the Department’s Corporate Executive.
Staff in regional offices directly support schools by:
- helping principals implement public school policy
- monitoring the performance of schools, intervening in under performing schools and engaging with schools requiring more support
- providing principals and business managers/registrars with financial services
- responding to general requests for information from school communities
- helping principals and the public manage complaints and crises.
The Institute for Professional Learning coordinates leadership development opportunities for public education staff through the Department of Education's Professional Learning Information System and Institute communications. In addition to the Institute’s programs that support professional growth, other Department business units deliver programs in their specialist areas.
Central and Regional Office Staff
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia, unless otherwise stated.
Copyright material available on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence
Exclusions may apply: https://www.education.wa.edu.au/ed/cc984d